Photovoltaic (PV) mounting systems, also referred to solar racking systems, are used to secure solar panels on roofs, building facades, or the ground.
Our ballasted systems use concrete stones to hold the system down and resist the wind pressure. The system will not penetrate the roof at all. We have great working relationships with a wide variety of stone suppliers across North America. This has proven to be very beneficial for ballasting projects subjected to high wind loading.
Our anchored systems require zero concrete stones however, screws are drilled into the membrane to hold the system down (penetration). We have developed solutions which utilize anchors with our EkonoRack and AeroRack 2.0 systems, in addition to having a standalone, fully anchored option.
Yes. We pride ourselves in being able to customize our racking systems to individual projects and adjusting it to your needs. We also generally provide custom solutions for projects with 500+ panels.
Yes: Our EkonoRack 2.0 is approved by LADBS, making us the only Canadian racking company that qualifies and one of the few that can offer a ballasted system in both LA city and LA County.
24 hours guarantee for a standard* system
Layouts can be turned around within 48 to 72 hours for a standard* system.
Optimizers and micro-inverters can be mounted on the windshields or panels directly. We also have an L-bracket solution that allows attachment to the racking support.
Layout, engineering load report, paver diagram which details the amount of required stones on each support, ballast shading diagram, system spacing diagram, installation manual, bill of materials, and custom documents at the client’s request.
As part of our service, we work to source a local ballast stone supplier near the project site and obtain a quote. However, purchasing and procuring the stones will be the responsibility of the client.
1. Our metal roof systems are all attached while we offer both ballasted and attached systems for flat roofs.
2. Our ballasted systems use concrete stones to hold the system down and resist the wind pressure. The system will not penetrate the roof at all.
3. Our flat roof attached systems require zero concrete stones however, screws are drilled into the roof deck to hold the system down (penetration). These systems also do not require windshields as the attachment itself is sufficient enough to withstand the wind pressure.
4. Our UL testing, triple sealing method utilizes the following layers of sealing:
5. Our metal roof systems are categorized into 2 roof types: Standing Seam & Corrugated metal. The SeamRack system (standing seam) is attached to the roof via standing seam clamps (no penetration). The BarnRack system (corrugated metal) is attached to the roof via drilling into the purlins/trusses (penetration).
Our BarnRack system utilizes a dual layer of sealing while penetrating the metal roof corrugations, preventing any water leakage. The BarnRack system can also penetrate through the corrugation (as an alternative to the purlins/trusses). The Barn hooks are sealed to the roof with the following layers:
The dual layer of sealing have shown to be effective in preventing any foreign substances entering the penetrations.
If the system has been manufactured and is ready to ship, we can postpone the delivery and reschedule up to 4 weeks. If the delay exceeds 3 weeks, the parts would be placed in a 3rd party storage facility for which additional fees may apply.
Contact your Project Manager directly to quickly confirm the ETA and location of your KB Racking products.
Our comprehensive shipping form provided by each Project Manager will allow you to call out any challenges to receiving shipments at site/warehouse and we will take these limitations into account when preparing your shipment.
Pallet size/weight will vary by project. Our two most common size pallets are 4’x 4’and 80’ x 32’. Other size pallets include 7’x 3’, 6’ x 4’ & 130” x 80”. For longer parts (e.g: rails), the bundles can go to 20’x 3’. Weight per pallet is about 800 lbs each but special packaging accommodations can be made on request for roof weight restrictions.
We mainly ship from Toronto across North America.
We will do our best to accommodate split shipments within the originally quoted shipping cost, a small adjustment may be required if additional trucks are added.